Trackplot recognises that data protection is vital for the security of your company and your personnel. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of client tracking locations. As such, the company endeavours to fulfil all of its obligations under the Data Protection Act, and is registered as a Data Processor with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
By adhering closely to the eight Data Protection Principles set out in the Data Protection Act, Trackplot is able to ensure the complete security of all GPS devices and tracking records.
The 8 Data Protection Principles require that personal information is:
- processed fairly and lawfully
- processed for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and not further processed in any way that is incompatible with the original purpose
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being used
- processed in line with an individual’s rights
- kept secure with appropriate technical and organisational measures taken to protect the information
- not transferred outside the European Economic Area (the European Union member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) unless there is adequate protection for the personal information being transferred